PETA2.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Letter to My Sister - Happy Birthday!

The first time I saw you, you were in mommy’s arms. You had absolutely NO hair on your soft delicate little head. Mommy was looking at you and around the room, and you were looking a mommy and around the room, too. When I went up to touch you, you looked up at me with your beautiful eyes and smiled. When I touched your tiny-tiny hand you grabbed my finger and squeezed. I don’t think I really knew what was going on, because you were this new thing that I would have to live with for most of the rest of my life. I had the feeling that I already knew you, and that you were one of the most beautiful, magical, intelligent little things I had ever met!
You were so funny when you tried to wiggle in that blanket they wrapped you in (that always seemed a bit too tight)! You looked like a little grub, but not an ugly one, one that would turn into a bright butterfly one day! I can already see that happening now! Well, I guess according to your bug studies it would be that you are more like a caterpillar right now! But you are already growing those wings, because you want to, not because everyone else wants you to, it is your choice.
When Mommy and Daddy brought you home, it was basically like getting a new toy! I was so excited that I would get to play with you everyday! I loved playing with you, but I also loved to stare at you! It was fun just looking at you, beautiful. Amazing! You, Mommy, and I would lie (or lay!) on the big bed and just watch you try to walk and jump around, and we would make up little songs, about how you were like a “drunkn’ sailor!” You were our constant entertainment! Probably half of the time I spent with you I was kissing your nose and staring into your little big shining eyes.
I could write a whole book about how amazing you are. Cute as a button, smart, beautiful, intelligent, filled with nothing but love and magic! I am proud to be your sister, and I hope you are proud to be mine. I am honored that you are in my life, I can only describe it as a miracle. You Are A Miracle, MY Miracle!

Love your sister,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emily the Strange